Tuesday, June 24, 2014


We got the keys to this beauty today! Its ours and I cannot wait to walk in. I have so many emotions right now. Mostly I really would have loved to open the house myself after this ordeal of purchasing it. Instead, I cannot do that, we are still in Germany. We FaceTimed with our contractor to walk through the upcoming projects in the house and oh, how I wished I could be there right now! I am so glad and grateful though for my amazing contractor, Al, who has helped us transform our old home into our dream home years ago. I am confident that he will make things happen until we are back home and can move in.







But first things first!


This is the formal living room. This wall needs to be opened left and right of the fire place. We are going to make the space behind it, now a garage, our office/library. Floors and paint color  will be changed too. I already have a pretty good idea on what I want the house to look like, more about that along the way though. 


All floors upstairs will be removed, they are carpet, and replaced with hardwood. We picked some samples, but I just sent Al out again to compare some other colors and report back to me tomorrow. Oh so not the perfect way to manage a remodel, but I have to make it work. 

Here a few more pics --- 

Happy painting and remodeling to us!!! 

B
This one will be the "man cave"


boys rooms are identical with a balcony, not sure if that is good or bad yet :)



I love the lamps and hallway with the dramatic staircase



The master with balcony and large bathroom. Yay, finally my own walk in closet. 



Master balcony


Dining Room

Wet Bar


Family Room, great views to the outside which I love. Even though the  outside needs a lot of work, but that's a project for 2015!

The very spacious kitchen. I am very excited about having all this space to cook, bake and store. 

Hallway leading to Casita and entrance of house. 


Double ovens...more baking. 



and a little desk for being creative...

No comments:

Post a Comment